Mental Health for Managers e-learning
Our face to face and virtual training courses have helped hundreds of people from many different organisations. So to mark World Mental Health Day 2021, our popular Mental Health for Managers course is now available as e-learning
Managers often lack the confidence to manage and support colleagues in the workplace facing challenges to their mental health.
Because they have so many demands on their time, this can make day long face to face courses a problem.
Strongmind Director Richard Dorney said: “A good understanding of mental health contributes to the building of mentally healthy workplaces – a key step to reducing sickness absence.”
Moreover, this new format can be used for staff still working from home. It is also an excellent remote induction for a new or promoted manager.
Firstly, the course aims to provide managers with the knowledge and confidence to understand common mental health problems. Our award-winning trainers will show you how to support and signpost a person suffering from poor mental health. Perhaps most importantly, you will also learn to manage your own stress.
Mental Health for Managers e-learning course covers:
• What is mental health?
• Reducing stigma and building healthy workplaces
• Prevalence, risk and protection
• Practical measures to help a person with poor mental health
• The Equality Act and mental health
• Active listening with practical exercises in interviewing people who may be struggling
• Identifying common mental health problems – anxiety and depression
• Substance misuse and mental health
• Positive coping
Find out more about the Mental Health for Managers course
Finally – this course is fully accredited by the Continuous Professional Development Standards Office.