- This event has passed.
STAR 90 – Stress, Trauma and Resilience.
May 19, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am£79.20
STAR 90 – We are all under stress during the current crisis, the fear of the unknown, and sadly in many cases of loss and grief, are emotions that are hard to cope with on the best of days, but when you are locked into your home, with no human access, or friends or loved ones to talk through your worries or just simply give you a hug it could start to feel overwhelming. We all need the interaction with our fellow man, we need to love and feel loved in return. This short 90 minute course will help you understand your feelings, and give you some positive coping strategies to help you through this current crisis. Join us on our instructor led interactive course to learn how to start to build your resilience.
• Understand our reactions to crisis; What to expect
• Staying resilient
• Understand secondary trauma
• Understand how to Support others and protect yourself
The course is 90 minutes
The course looks at our reactions to crisis and unfamiliar environments;
- How we are likely to think and behave in changed circumstances.
- The concept or normalising reactions and avoiding negative coping are emphasised.
- Key resilience concepts to improve awareness, before discussing the development of resilience skills
- The concept and characteristics of traumatic stress are discussed including Secondary trauma and how to recognise it.
- Trauma response and how you might be able to help.
- How to keep yourself safe from burnout and compassion fatigue.The course will be run virtually and you will be sent an invitation link on booking and payment of your place. Tickets are limited and given on a first come, first served basis. This course will repeat over the coming weeks.
For tickets please call 01264 790795 or email email@example.comAccreditation:
This course is accredited by the and you will receive a certified CPD certificate on completion of the course.