Mental Health First Aid – MHFA – is an internationally recognised training course which teaches people how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health and to provide help on a first aid basis. The Mental Health First Aid Champions course id designed for people who want to promote and effect the attitudes of mental health in the work place.
• Preserve life where a person maybe a danger to themselves or others
• To provide help to prevent a mental health issue developing into a more serious, before professional help arrives
• To promote the recovery of good mental health
• To provide comfort to a person experiencing a mental health issue
• To raise awareness of mental health issues in the community.
• To reduce stigma and discrimination
• To improve own health and wellbeing
Course duration is for one full day and the training is intensive. It is delivered in two sessions as follow:
• About Mental Health First Aid
• What influences mental health
• Anxiety disorders
• Eating disorders
• Substance misuse
• Early warning signs of mental ill health
• First aid for suicidal crisis
• First aid for mental health issues
• Building a mentally healthy workplace
• Useful statistics.