Mental Health First Aid Adult
Duration: 2 Day
Delivery Method: Face to Face or Virtually
Course Capacity: 16
This Mental Health First Aid Adult course can be delivered on line or face to face. Your training as a Mental Health First Aider will give you:
- An in depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect your wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
You will also gain the knowledge to help someone recover by guiding them to further support – whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS or a mixture of both.
MHFA Adult Course content
The course is split into four modules. When delivered face to face each module is half a day long. For virtual learning the modules are split into 2 hours of pre-learning done on the MHFA portal and two and a half hours of instructor led virtual learning for each module.
Modules cover important mental health subjects such as:
- The impact of mental health
- Prevalence and risk factors
- The mental health first aid action plan
- Substance misuse
- Non judgemental listening
- Eating disorders
- Self harm
- Psychosis -Schizophrenia and Bipolar disorder
- Building mentally healthy workplaces
Everyone who attends this MHFA Adult course receives a comprehensive manual for reference, a certificate of attendance, a quick reference guide to the Mental Health First Aid action plan, and a workbook containing useful information.