Our latest online instructor led course STAR 90 is designed to help managers and staff alike to improve their knowledge and confidence around stress, trauma and resilience, particularly when working alone and at a distance. We all have an inate fear of change and of the unknown, when something dramatic causes our lives to change dramatically. This course will help you to understand your emotions and to encourage you to help yourself and to support others, even at a distance.
To improve knowledge and confidence around stress, trauma and resilience, and to be able to understand and maintain your own mental resilience
• Understand our reactions to crisis; What to expect
• Staying resilient
• Understand secondary trauma
• Understand how to Support others and protect yourself
An instructor led live online interactive session – for upcoming dates see our Courses Page.
STAR 90 Content
The course looks at our reactions to crisis and unfamiliar environments;
- How we are likely to think and behave in changed circumstances.
- The concept or normalising reactions and avoiding negative coping
- Key resilience concepts to improve awareness, before discussing the development of resilience skills
- The concept and characteristics of traumatic stress, including Secondary trauma and how to recognise it.
- The introduction of the signs of a trauma response and how you might be able to help.
- The course concludes with a look at how to keep yourself safe from burnout and compassion fatigue.
Course Length: 90 minutes: