Supporting Each Other In Times Of Crisis is designed for managers and staff who want to improve their awareness and confidence around stress, loss and trauma particularly when working at a distance, and in isolation. The training is a great way to bring teams together virtually and to discuss issues relating to wellbeing in the context of a crisis. The course is an interactive one and is virtually delivered so that everyone can dial in to access it regardless of their location.
Our reactions to crisis;
- What to expect
- Staying resilient
- Understanding grief and loss
- Supporting others and protecting yourself
An instructor led, live and interactive 90 minute session
We look at our reactions to crisis and unfamiliar environments;
- How we are likely to think and behave in changed circumstances.
- The concept of normalising reactions and avoiding negative coping are emphasised.
- Key resilience concepts to improve awareness.
- How to help others.
Some of the skills learnt are:-
- listening skills
- How to focus the conversation on supporting a colleague
The next session covers grief and loss, the stages of grief and the reactions to expect. How to help others and actions to avoid.
Secondary trauma is covered, including:-
- What it is and how to recognise it.
- The key responses to trauma and how you can help someone.
- How to keep yourself safe from burnout and compassion fatigue.
This course is accredited through the CPD Standards Office