Peer Support Workshop
This popular peer support workshop is derived from out successful peer support practitioner course. It was designed on demand for NHS staff who wanted to improve the informal peer support between colleagues during the Covid crisis. Knowing how to structure a conversation with a colleague who is distressed and to encourage them to outcome-focussed positive solutions is important.
This four-hour workshop explains what peer support is and how we should approach and support colleagues. It provides practical training on active listening skills and explains how colleagues may respond to traumatic events.
- Understand the rationale and principles of peer support
- Learn about the benefits and boundaries in peer support
- Develop and improve listening skills
- Know how to use the structured conversation framework
- Build confidence to support colleagues in a coherent and structured way
- Awareness of traumatic stress and the need for self-protection
This workshop can be delivered for up to 16 people face-to-face and is an excellent way to improve confidence around difficult conversations to help people support and signpost victims.