The emphasis of the Trauma Risk Management – TRiM Managers course is on planning and supervising responses to traumatic events and developing risk assessment skills to an advanced level. Delegates on this course must already be qualified as TRiM Practitioners.
Learning how to supervise TRiM practitioners, manage their welfare and support is crucial. TRiM Managers learn how to build effective and coherent teams and how to apply best practice.
To provide TRiM Managers with the skills to ensure the effective implementation of Trauma Risk Management policy and to ensure supervision and practitioner welfare.
The course outcome is to enable delegates to:
- Develop TRiM risk assessments and active listening skills to advanced level
- Plan and coordinate organisational responses to critical events
- Supervise and monitor the welfare and effectiveness of TRiM practitioners
- Act as the regional/divisional TRiM lead in own area
- Provide low level formal TRiM supervision and act as regional point of contact
- Advise on and monitor management plans after TRiM risk assessments
- Coordinate records, TRiM follow up assessments and liaise with other departments as necessary
Strongmind courses are fully accredited by the Continuous Professional Development Standards Office. Delegates may use the hours of training on our courses to count against any mandated or voluntary CPD requirement from professional bodies. The available accreditation points can be supplied on request. CPD research confirms that for anyone hoping to get promoted, or wanting to specialise in a different area, demonstrating their learning agility and dedication to CPD can make a substantive difference.