A Trauma Risk Management -TRiM Practitioner is able to operate inside his or her organisation to assist with the response to critical events, these may be small in scale or could be major events involving large numbers of people. The Practitioner is able to support colleagues and conduct structured risk assessments to facilitate early referral for specialist help where this is needed.
The TRiM Practitioner’s course is held over two days and is an intensive package of both theory and practical exercises. Delegates are assessed on practical performance through a series of bespoke role play scenarios.
The course outcome is:
- A trained practitioner able to understand the characteristics of traumatic events and conduct structured risk assessments to facilitate early intervention and ongoing support to colleagues and peers.
The following areas are covered:
- Characteristics of traumatic events
- Site management
- Trauma Psychology
- Risk factors for traumatic stress
- Active listening
- Filtering events and planning
- Practical risk assessment
- Providing post incident stress education briefs
- Documentation and recording
Strongmind courses are fully accredited by the Continuous Professional Development Standards Office. Delegates may use the hours of training on our courses to count against any mandated or voluntary CPD requirement from professional bodies. The available accreditation points can be supplied on request. CPD research confirms that for anyone hoping to get promoted, or wanting to specialise in a different area, demonstrating their learning agility and dedication to CPD can make a substantive difference.