Mental Health First Aid Champion
Duration: One Day
Delivery Method: virtual or face to face
Course Capacity: 16
Become a Mental Health First Aid Champion
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised training course, which teaches people how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health and to provide help on a first aid basis. This course is designed for people who want to promote and positively affect attitudes on mental health in the workplace.
Course aims - to
- Preserve life where a person may be a danger to themselves or others.
- Provide help to prevent a mental health issue developing into a more serious problem, before professional help arrives.
- Promote the recovery of good mental health.
- Provide comfort to a person experiencing a mental health issue.
- Raise awareness of mental health issues in the community.
- Reduce stigma and discrimination.
- Improve own health and wellbeing.
• About Mental Health First Aid
• What influences mental health
• Anxiety disorders
• Eating disorders
• Substance misuse
• Early warning signs of mental ill health
• First aid for suicidal crisis
• First aid for mental health issues
• Building a mentally healthy workplace
• Useful statistics.